Sunday, October 19, 2014


2014 Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus review notes


By on 7:58 PM


ASSOCIATE EDITOR GRAHAM KOZAK: Last time I was in a Q5 -- a 2013 Q4 3.0 TFSI Premium Plus -- I wasn't particularly kind to it. Certainly, its combination of a $50K price tag, overly weighty steering feel and the refrigerator-white paint didn't help its cause. After getting in some seat time on comparable vehicles, though, I realized that most of my gripes with that particular car were really gripes with that entire class of steroidal station wagons we call crossovers. So I'm glad I had a whole weekend to reevaluate things.

This 2014 Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus still doesn't have all that much character, but neither do its competitors. And what it does do, it does very well. I drove a few hundred miles in the Q5, doing everything from hauling family to dinners to moving a complete dining room set and other assorted furniture across town.

The 2.0-liter turbo never faltered. Sure, it's down 52 hp over that other Q5 and its supercharged V6, but its curb weight is down a not-inconsequential 266 pounds as well. As much as I liked the motor, though, I've got to call Audi out on that eight-speed transmission. They've dubbed it a Tiptronic but it's really just a ZF unit that's dropped into a variety of Volkswagen and non-Volkswagen products in an effort to improve fuel economy. And it isn't quite dialed in yet.

read full here

Trukania.com
Judul: 2014 Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus review notes
Review oleh: Tukang Coding |
Update pada: 7:58 PM | Rating: 4.5

Comment for "2014 Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus review notes"

0 komentar

Post a Comment